URGENT CALL TO ACTION!
THIS IS HUGE AND WE NEED IMMEDIATE ACTION!!
**Tom Lee is the Chair of the Senate Infrastructure and Security Committee, which will be holding a workshop/meeting on September 16th (MONDAY) to talk about gun violence prevention legislation.
We want to INUNDATE him and the committee with letters, to give them firm suggestions on how we can eliminate gun violence in Florida.
We need 1000 letters and we need them from YOU! We can easily do this, as we had 900 letters for veto on arming teachers, so go write!!
• The letters should be personal and include where you are from in Florida.
• The letters should be cordial, with specific asks like Comprehensive Background Checks, fixing our Red Flag laws to include family members, ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines, and repeal of arming teachers and "Stand Your Ground", as a couple of examples.
• Keep it to one page and put it in a word document.
• Email letter, as an attachment, to firstname.lastname@example.org by NOON ON SUNDAY!
• SHARE WITH OTHER VOLUNTEERS AND OTHER LIKE-MINDED people.
I will post my letter in comments below, for reference.
Jamie Kirkpatrick Ito will print letters and have them personally delivered to the committee to be entered into the record, at the hearing.
Below are suggestions for items to include in letters. This is not an exhaustive list, but should at least give you ideas. Questions? Email Jamie @ email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
GO! Go Write Now!!