We are part of the over 14,000 registered Democrats in Nassau County and include the Democratic Executive Committee (DEC), the Democratic Club of Amelia Island (DCAI) and the Westside Democratic Club of Nassau County (WDCNC). The DEC is the liaison between local voters and the state Democratic Party. The clubs provide a volunteer base and organize the social activities for Democrats in Nassau County.
Connect With Us
Get involved with the Nassau County Democratic Party!
- Volunteer to work at headquarters
- Help out a couple of hours a week to staff the Democratic Headquarters Office on 8th and Date. Greet visitors, answer phones and be the “face of the Democratic Party” on Amelia Island and in Nassau County.
- Computer support
- An opportunity for computer hardware savvy volunteers to help keep the office IT system up and running.
- Write content for the website or Facebook page
- Write material for upcoming social or civic events of interest to Nassau Democrats, submit your thoughts and insight about current political issues and how we can impact them.
- Support elections
- Work the phone banks making calls encouraging Democrats to get out and vote, canvass neighborhoods to provide voter information and encourage Democrats to vote, learn Votebuilder, the National Democratic Party’s voter database software to generate call and canvass lists, serve as a poll observer.
- Volunteer to work a fundraiser
- Share your great idea for a “signature” event for Nassau County Democrats (art auction, beach party, volleyball tournament, gala ball – we have all kinds of options, let your creativity flow!), volunteer to help organize or work at one of our events.
- Support Parade Planning
- Help Democrats have a strong and visible presence in our local parades by supporting DCAI members to coordinate activities with parade organizers and communicating the event.
- Provide dinner speakers and programs
- Volunteer to speak or organize speakers or programs for our monthly Democratic Club Dinners the 4th Tuesday of every month.
- Provide transportation to club events or polling places for Democrats that do not drive.
- Make a financial contribution
- We always appreciate donations to support DEC and DCAI activities while helping to keep our office going.
Interested in helping? Download form here: Volunteer Form 2017