Democratic Executive Committee
We are part of the over 14,000 registered Democrats in Nassau County and include the Democratic Executive Committee (DEC), the Democratic Club of Amelia Island (DCAI) and the Westside Democratic Club of Nassau County (WDCNC). The DEC is the liaison between local voters and the state Democratic Party. The clubs provide a volunteer base and organize the social activities for Democrats in Nassau County.
Connect With Us
Nassau County Democratic Executive Committee
The purpose of the NCDEC is to discharge the affairs of the Florida Democratic Party within Nassau County, in cooperation with and under the leadership of the state and national organizations of the Democratic Party, in order to help secure efficient, able and honest national, state, county and local government consonant with the principles of the Democratic Party by:
- Representing the interests of the members of the Democratic Party
of Nassau County;
- Promoting understanding of the true principles of the Democratic Party among the citizens of Nassau County;
- Stimulating an active interest in policies and organizations of the Democratic Party and government affairs in order to encourage better government by and for the people;
- Promoting harmony and progress among the members of the Democratic Party;
- Aiding and cooperating with the State Democratic Executive Committee and the national Democratic Executive Committee to achieve the goals of the Democratic Party;
- Assisting the Democratic Party in electing party nominees and urging qualified persons to become candidates of the Democratic Party. However, the NCDEC shall not endorse or support any Democratic candidate running in any primary election against any other Democratic candidate, except in accordance with the requirements of the Florida Democratic Party;
- Encouraging qualified citizens to become members of the Democratic Party in the interest of better government; and
- Encouraging contributions to and raising funds for the Nassau County Democratic Party and Nassau County Democratic candidates.